The Centre Sirota.lv consists of volunteers 100%, who get together to help children from orphanages.
To learn more about these volunteers, we prepared a Blitz-interview series. For you to watch and join us!
1. How long have you been a volunteer?
I even don’t remember… about 5-6 years!
2. How did you get acquainted with the Support Center Sirota.lv?
It was a very interesting acquaintance. Once I decided – let’s do it! And we did!
3. What is your favorite project in the center? Tell us why.
My favorite project is a competition of talents because this project helps children to understand themselves and take place in life what is very important for them.
4. What can you say about the children you are working with?
Each of them is equal and interesting, everyone has own life, own fate. Everyone is a person.
5. What is the coolest thing about volunteer work?
The coolest one is when you can share a part of you with others. You can spend your time, which is given by God, for helping. It is so cool! It is a pleasure when you give something, not get. Believe me.
6. Have you faced some problems? How do you solve it?
Sometimes it happens, of course. Our team has unspoken motto – “All for one and one for all”.
7. What do you like in the Support Center Sirota.lv?
Actually, we have a great team – boys and girls, and everyone around us who works in temporary. It’s such a drive!
8. Please, continue the sentence “A volunteer is…”
A volunteer is a great person who lives not only for himself.
9. Can you give potential volunteer some advice?