About us

About us

Sirota.lv Centre

Sirota.lv Centre – is a Latvian charity organisation operating since 2013. We are carrying out support projects for orphans and foster families. The Centre 100% consists of volunteers.

In 2019 and 2017, the Center received the “Volunteer of the Year” award from the Ministry of Welfare and the Riga City Council.

To familiarise yourself with the report of the work done by centre Sirota.lv in year 2018 – click here, in year 2017 – here.

Our mission

Our mission is to provide any kind of help to orphans of different ages. Someone needs to find a family or good and reliable friends. But everyone needs to uncover their hidden talents and life potential to set correct goals and succeed in this difficult life.

Financing and support

Sirota.lv Centre mainly depends on the grace of caring people and their donations. Sirota.lv Centre is being funded through the donations, different charity events and the rent of its premises. We do not have permanent sponsors, therefore we are creating charity projects to attract donations along with our projects aimed at helping the orphans. We need the support of any warm heart.

You can support us! Learn how.

The origins of the Centre

Our initial concern was to unite people in one common desire to help those, whose lives were hard since childhood. To help those, who were deprived of family care, warmth and communication and to those who are about to leave the orphanage at the age of 18 to step face to face into the adulthood not being prepared to the “surprises” of life. The statistics are violent – about 80% of orphanage graduates go to jail. The life of the remaining 20% is not much better.

The God has told us «The faith is dead without good things». Therefore, by doing the acts of kindness and helping other people, especially orphans, we can begin with helping ourselves too. We train our heart to love and by this we lay up “treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth consume, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where thy treasure is, there will thy heart be also.”

(Matthew 6-19)

By joining our powers we can achieve a much more effective result, rather than each of us can do alone. Join us!

The official status of the Centre

The support centre for orphans and foster families Sirota.lv has an official status of a socially useful organization – Sabiedrīska Labuma Organizācija (SLO statuss). You may check this information by visiting the website of the State Revenue Service: https://www6.vid.gov.lv/VID_PDB/SLO and entering our name and registration number in the relevant fields:


Registration number: 40008218110

Company requisites

You get tax benefits when making a donation to us.

Поделиться в соц. сетях

Share to Facebook

Comments are closed.